Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Corporate and Business Sponsorship Opportunities
Thank you for considering sponsorship of Composers and Schools in Concert. Your support helps us provide professional training, composer commissions, composer workshops, and new music performances at schools throughout the country. Your sponsorship helps us build awareness of contemporary music and contemporary composers while introducing students to career opportunities in the music-creating industry. Please take a moment to learn about our programs.
Commissions in Concert
In our Commissions in Concert program, CSIC commissions a professional composer to write a piece in collaboration with a youth ensemble (grades 9 – 12), and the student ensemble performs the world premiere. The composer spends a minimum of three class periods creating and rehearsing with the students. The composer joins the ensemble at the performance of the world premiere, and all ticket-sale revenue goes back to the youth music program.
Through hands-on learning, in-person rehearsals, and the creation of a piece written specifically for them, students are introduced to alternative ways of experiencing the creation and performance of new music.
For most young students, the composer may be the most remote figure in the musical process — often merely a famous name in a history book. By bringing composers into the classroom, CSIC strives to deepen the students’ overall relationship to the culture of music, introduce composition as a possible career, and encourage students to create. Our composer workshops are designed to provide secondary school music students, beginner level to advanced, an opportunity to study in a particular curricular area surrounding contemporary music composition such as scoring for film, the concert stage or video games.
Contemporary Score Library
The CSIC Score Library is an online catalog of contemporary music geared toward young performers. Our aim is to promote awareness of contemporary music and help educators easily locate contemporary pieces for their ensembles to perform.
Two sponsorship packages to choose from or create a custom sponsorship that works for you
In-Kind Value of $5,000 or More
Our Presenting Sponsors are recognized as the premier supporter of the program of their choice. Through prominent placement on our website, social media and printed programs, we showcase our Presenting Sponsors for their generous support.
Presenting sponsor Benefits:
First, determine which program you would like to sponsor. You will receive:
- Year-long name and logo recognition and prominent placement on the CSIC website for your program of choice. Directly target music and arts advocates, music educators, music students, professional and student composers.
- Year-long name recognition in our e-newsletter, placing you in direct contact with music advocates, music educators and composers throughout the United States
- Name recognition in the printed program of our annual Commissions in Concert series, which takes place throughout the United States. In addition, you will receive recognition at the beginning of the concerts as a Presenting Sponsor of CSIC.
- Linkage to your website
- A video interview(s) with product placement distributed on YouTube, our social media sites, and on our website.
- Engagement and advertising through our social media news feeds.
Create a Commission in your Name
In-Kind Value of $1,950 or More
Each year, in our Commissions in Concert program, we are breaking the boundaries of classical music education by including young people in the creation of new music. By creating a commission in your name, you will help us cover the fees for a professional composer to write a piece for a student ensemble.
Commission-in-your-name sponsor benefits
You will receive:
- A customized sponsorship package.
Download Sponsorship Opportunities View and Download
Please contact Lisa Oman, Executive Director, for guidance about designing your sponsorship support package. You may email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach her by phone at 707-758-7350.